Barn2Door is a Seattle-based food+tech startup building vertical SaaS for Farmers to manage direct sales through all digital channels, including web, social and mobile. Backed by billion dollar funds, Barn2Door is on a pathway to become a category-defining company.
We are looking for talented engineers who are enthusiastic about the intersection of food, agriculture and technology --- and want to be part of disrupting the food system. At Barn2Door you will be part of pioneering a platform that is scaling quickly, in an under-served industry with a massive market opportunity. Seatbelts are recommended.
Unfortunately, at this stage, we are not able to provide visa sponsorship or relocation compensation for this position.
As a Software Engineer, you are expected to provide critical thinking, a high degree of technical innovation and attention to detail while serving as a trusted adviser and leader to our team. You will need to balance many complex and competing technical priorities and be able to actively architect, design, develop, and test solutions.
Seeking a highly talented Software Engineer that is passionate about creating and supporting next generation products and services, has great development skills, a passion for quality and performance, and is excited to build solutions with stellar customer experiences.
- Create well thought-out code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, maintainability and performance
- Consider and advocate for customers’ perspective and experience
- Participate in code reviews, including testing and documentation
- Be responsible for understanding and adapting to new technologies, tools, methods and processes
- Work closely with product owners to define the scope of work for upcoming releases
- Build and improve small and large scale testing tools, frameworks, and methodologies
- Challenge yourself by exercising self-driven learning and team problem-solving on a daily basis
- Cultivate a broad technical and non-technical skills driven by a startup culture
- Participate in the full life cycle of our products including design, development, code reviews, patent creation, testing, documentation, and deployment
- Comfortable collaborating with other engineers
- Capable of both deciding next actions, and knowing when the decision requires sign off from management
- Comfortable in a dynamic (i.e., startup) work environment
- Comfortable in ambiguous situations
- A good communicator with the ability to express and share ideas to business leaders with a non-technical background
- Bonus: a Recruiter! In this role you should be on the constant lookout for the best talent to help build out our team of quality engineers pioneering SaaS in an underserved vertical
- BS Computer Science, or comparable degree
- 1+ years of experience in full stack development using an object oriented language
- 1+ years of experience in building responsive UI’s using latest JS Frameworks
- A real passion for solving complex software engineering puzzles in a dynamic environment
- Deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and asynchronous concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with any of the following testing: performance testing, security testing, privacy testing, accessibility testing, and localization / globalization testing
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision making skills
- Experience with: NodeJs, React, Redux, Webpack
- Bonus experience: Stripe, Quickbooks. Heroku, AWS, Redis, Postgres, large scale data analytics and failure analysis
- Annual salary DOE + stock options
- 10 days PTO, 5 days Sick Leave and 11 Paid Holidays
- 100% premium coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision and AD&D (Employee-only)
- Real experience in a high profile startup company just hitting its growth curve
- To work closely with all team members including executives
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Opportunity to be a rock star - great exposure and upside
- To grow your skill set and experience with end-to-end engineering influence and responsibilities
- Hip startup office environment on Eastlake near great coffee & lunch spots
We’re looking for driven, intelligent people who regularly go the extra mile. You should thrive on the urgency of a startup atmosphere and be results driven (always seeking to exceed expectations). You must be well-disciplined, self-motivated and hungry to achieve. If you’ve got drive, grit, creativity, and a passion for local food, startups and disrupting the food industry - then Barn2Door may be right for you.